See original article:
In the article by Goff et al, “2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Assessment of Cardiovascular Risk: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines,” which published online November 12, 2013, and appears in the supplement to the June 24, 2014, issue of the journal (Circulation. 2014;129[suppl 2]:S49–S73), several corrections were needed.
These corrections have been made to the print version and to the current online version of the article, which is available at http://circ.ahajournals.org/lookup/doi/10.1161/01.cir.0000437741.48606.98.
On the title page, the first footnote paragraph now reads, “This document was approved by the American College of Cardiology Board of Trustees, the American Heart Association Science Advisory and Coordinating Committee, and The Obesity Society Board of Trustees in November 2013. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics affirms the value of this guideline.” The footnote previously did not refer to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
On the title page, Robert A. Guyton, MD, FACC, was listed as a member of the ACC/AHA Task Force. His name has been removed from the list of Task Force members.
Appendixes have been reordered and renumbered to maintain the journal style of publishing authors’ and peer reviewers’ RWI first as Appendix 1 and Appendix 2, respectively. Callouts in the text have been modified accordingly.
Throughout the article, callouts to the “Full Work Group Report Supplement” have been hyperlinked to the report.
Throughout the article, the web-based calculator links have been updated to:
In Table 4,
• The “Assessment of 10-Year Risk of a First Hard ASCVD Event” section, in the “NHLBI Evidence Statements” column, recommendation 2 read, “Appendix 2 CQ2/ES1.” It has been changed to read, “N/A.”
• The header “CQ1: Use of Newer Risk Markers After Quantitative Risk Assessment” has been added after recommendation 2, and the header “CQ2: Long-Term Risk Assessment” has been added after recommendation 3.
In Section 4, the last paragraph, a referral to the downloadable spreadsheet has been replaced with a referral to the web-based application sites http://my.americanheart.org/cvriskcalculator and http://www.cardiosource.org/en/Science-And-Quality/Practice-Guidelines-and-Quality-Standards/2013-Prevention-Guideline-Tools.aspx.
In Section 6.1.1, the last paragraph, the following text has been added: “….by Den Ruijter et al18 reviewed during the ACC/AHA update period…”
In Section 7,
• Figure 1, a referral and reference number to the “Lifestyle Management (56)” guideline has been added in the 3 boxes on the right.
• First paragraph, reference 56 has been added to the following sentence: “Hence, for patients outside this age range, providers should refer to applicable clinical practice guidelines (ie, pediatric53 and adult primary prevention guidelines44,54,56).”
• First paragraph, references 20 and 21 have been added to the following sentence: “Beginning at age 40 years, formal estimation of the absolute 10-year risk of ASCVD is recommended.20,21”
After the references, “Key Words” have been added: “AHA Scientific Statements ◼ biomarkers ◼ cardiovascular disease ◼ cholesterol ◼ primary prevention ◼ risk assessment ◼ risk reduction behavior.”
In Appendix 2, the following note has been added to the footnote: “This table represents the relationships of reviewers with industry and other entities that were self-disclosed at the time of peer review. It does not necessarily reflect relationships with industry at the time of publication. To review the NHLBI and ACC/AHA’s current comprehensive policies for managing relationships with industry and other entities, please refer to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/cvd_adult/coi-rwi_policy.htm and http://www.cardiosource.org/Science-And-Quality/Practice-Guidelines-and-Quality-Standards/Relationships-With-Industry-Policy.aspx.”
In Appendix 3, (Appendix 6 in published document), the table note “Risk calculators noted above include hyperlinks to the respective webpage” has been deleted.
- © 2014 The Expert Work Group Members. The Journal of the American College of Cardiology is published on behalf of the American College of Cardiology Foundation by Elsevier Inc.; Circulation is published on behalf of the American Heart Association, Inc., by Wolters Kluwer. This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial-NoDervis License, which permits use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the Contribution is properly cited, the use is non-commercial, and no modifications or adaptations are made.