In the article by Hillis et al, “2011 ACCF/AHA Guideline for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery: Executive Summary: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines,” which published ahead of print on November 7, 2011, and appeared in the December 6, 2011, issue of the journal (Circulation. 2011;124:2610–2642), several corrections were needed:
1. On page 2622, in the first column, in the 4.10.3. “Central Nervous System Monitoring” section, the Class IIb recommendation 1, read
1. The effectiveness of intraoperative monitoring of the processed electroencephalogram to reduce the possibility of adverse recall of clinical events or for detection of cerebral hypoperfusion in CABG patients is uncertain.449–451 (Level of Evidence: B)
It has been changed to read
1. The effectiveness of intraoperative monitoring of the processed electroencephalogram to reduce the possibility of adverse recall of clinical events or for detection of cerebral hypoperfusion in CABG patients is uncertain.316a–316c (Level of Evidence: B)
On page 2633, in the Reference section, the following were added:
316a. Avidan MS, Zhang L, Burnside BA, et al. Anesthesia awareness and the bispectral index. N Engl J Med. 2008;358:1097–108.
316b. Hemmerling TM, Olivier JF, Basile F, et al. Bispectral index as an indicator of cerebral hypoperfusion during off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. Anesth Analg. 2005;100:354–6.
316c. Myles PS, Leslie K, McNeil J, et al. Bispectral index monitoring to prevent awareness during anaesthesia: the B-Aware randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2004;363:1757–63.
On page 2636, in the Reference section, references 449, 450, and 451 read,
449. Maltais S, Perrault LP, Do QB. Effect of clopidogrel on bleeding and transfusions after off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgery: impact of discontinuation prior to surgery. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2008;34:127–31.
450. Vaccarino GN, Thierer J, Albertal M, et al. Impact of preoperative clopidogrel in off pump coronary artery bypass surgery: a propensity score analysis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;137:309 –13.
451. Yusuf S, Zhao F, Mehta SR, et al. Effects of clopidogrel in addition to aspirin in patients with acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation [published corrections appear in N Engl J Med. 2011;345:1506; 2011;345:1716]. N Engl J Med. 2001;345:494 –502.
The references have been changed to read, “Deleted.”
These corrections have been made to the current online version of the article, which is available at http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/124/23/2610.
- © 2012 American Heart Association, Inc.