In the article by Lloyd-Jones et al, “Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2010 Update: A Report From the American Heart Association,” which published ahead of print on December 17, 2009, and appears in the February 23, 2010, issue of the journal (Circulation. 2010;121:e46–e215), several corrections were needed.
1. On page e58, in the left column, third bullet under the head “Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Children,” the sentence read, “Thirty-five percent of EMS-treated pediatric cardiac arrest patients ….” It has been changed to read, “Seven percent of EMS-treated pediatric cardiac arrest patients ….”
2. On page e62, in the right column, first paragraph, the last sentence read, “The 1.1 million hospitalizations for CHF amounted to nearly $29 billion in hospital charges.74” It has been changed to read, “The 1.1 million hospitalizations for CHF amounted to nearly $29 billion in hospital charges.75”
3. On page e64, in the left column, reference 74 read,
74. Russo CA, Ho K, Elixhauser A. Hospital Stays for Circulatory Diseases, 2004. HCUP Statistical Brief No. 26. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; February 2007. Available at: http://www.hcupus.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb26.pdf. Accessed October 17, 2007.
4. The reference has been changed to read, “Deleted post-production.”
On page e101, in the left column, sixth bullet, the sentence read, “Within 1 year of TIA, up to one fourth of patients will die.22,26” It has been changed to read, “Within 1 year of TIA, about 12% to 13% of patients will die.22,26”
These corrections have been made to the current online version of the article, which is available at http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/121/7/e46.
- © 2011 American Heart Association, Inc.