In the AHA Statistical Update by Lloyd-Jones et al, “Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2009 Update: A Report From the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee,” which published ahead of print December 15, 2008, and appears in this issue (Circulation. 2009;119:480–486, e21–e181), several corrections were needed.
1. On pages 480 and e21, Dr Stafford’s first name was misspelled and several degrees were not included. It has been updated to read: Randall Stafford, MD, PhD, FAHA.
2. On pages 480 and e21, Michael Mussolino has been added to the Acknowledgments section.
3. On pages 485 and e26, Dr Stafford’s first name was misspelled in the disclosure table. It has been updated to read, “Randall Stafford.”
4. In chapter 2, references 70 to 75 were inadvertently duplicated. This error has been corrected.
5. In chapters 2, 13, 14, 15, and 18, the definition for “kg/m2” in the abbreviations tables has been standardized to read, “kilograms per square meter.”
6. On page e160, in the abbreviations table, “mm/dL” has been changed to “mg/dL.”
7. On page e170, in Table 19-2, the sixth and tenth footnotes (“∥Previously referred to as percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty or PTCA” and “††There are additional insertions, revisions, and replacements of pacemaker leads, including those associated with temporary (external) pacemakers”) were deleted and the corresponding symbols were removed from the table. In the eighth footnote (denoted with a #), angioplasty was changed to PCI.
8. On page e171, chart 19-3, in the legend, “millions of discharges” has been changed to “millions of procedures.”
9. On page e173, chart 20-2, in the legend, “(billions of dollars)” has been inserted after “groups.”